We’re hiring! Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Position: Marketing and Communication Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment categories: Part-time (15-20 hours/week), hourly, non-exempt
Updated: May 2018
Develop and execute communication and marketing plans to engage donors, supporters, volunteers, nonprofits and community stakeholders with the Twin County United Way.
- Fosters and supports the mission and values of the Twin County United Way.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of researching information.
- Values teamwork and accountability.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimum oversight.
- Create and execute communication plans for United Way campaigns, events and volunteer activities.
- Create campaign, program and event collateral, invitations and advertisements.
- Create short-term and long-term communication plans for key donor groups.
- Develop social media strategies to increase United Way visibility.
- Identify and create compelling stories that inspire others to engage with the United Way.
- Produce letters, newsletters, press releases and social media posts.
- Write and modify copy, including website updates.
- Proofread materials and ensure adherence to brand guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, Adobe InDesign and WordPress.
- Willing to cross-train, to provide back-up assistance for all other office staff.
- Light housekeeping and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Nonprofit work experience a plus.
Expectations of ALL Twin County United Way Staff:
- Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (personal, professional, community).
- Knows and can successfully articulate the organization’s mission, vision and values to others.
- Adheres to signed confidentiality statement.
- Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support Twin County United Way and its mission.
- Treats others with respect and acknowledges and thanks others for their contributions.
Work environment is a typical office setting with no hazardous duties. Meetings and/or special events may require time outside of the regularly scheduled hours.
Send resume to [email protected] Position open until filled.