We’re hiring! Administrative Assistant
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment categories: Part-time (10-15 hours/week), hourly, non-exempt
Updated: Feb. 2016
Performs administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the Twin County United Way.
- Fosters and supports the mission and values of the Twin County United Way.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of researching information.
- Values teamwork and accountability.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimum oversight.
- Daily operation of the office, including greeting guests, scheduling meetings, answering telephone and e-mail, filing and organizing.
- Ability to produce general correspondence, including letters, newsletters, social media posts, draft communication pieces and meeting minutes.
- Assist with the delivery and pick up of campaign and event materials. (Moderate lifting up to 20 pounds is required. Must possess valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with adequate insurance.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, including proficient use of Word and Excel. Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Provide support services for United Way campaigns, events and volunteer activities.
- Provide support to executive director, other staff, nonprofit partners and volunteers.
- Willing to cross-train, to provide back-up assistance for bookkeeping duties and donor tracking.
- Light housekeeping and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Nonprofit work experience a plus.
Expectations of ALL Twin County United Way Staff:
- Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (personal, professional, community).
- Knows and can successfully articulate the organization’s mission, vision and values to others.
- Adheres to signed confidentiality statement.
- Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support Twin County United Way and its mission.
- Treats others with respect and acknowledges and thanks others for their contributions.
Work environment is a typical office setting with no hazardous duties. Meetings and/or special events may require time outside of the regularly scheduled hours.
Send resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled.