Each year, Loaned Executives (LE) are a vital component of our strategy. LE’s enthusiastically share the messages of our agencies to businesses and employees across the valley.
Our goals couldn’t be met without people like you to spread our mission and ask for support. With your support, about 20 hours on average of time invested over a few months makes a strong impact on our community.
The Loaned Executive program of Twin County United Way provides an opportunity for companies to offer their employees a unique learning experience. Loaned Executives receive training that develops organizational and public speaking skills and provides a unique networking experience in the business community.
A Loaned Executive is a carefully selected individual from a business or governmental organization who is assigned by the individual's employer to work under the general guidance and direction of a knowledgeable and experienced Twin County United Way volunteer and/or staff member.
- Present TCUW’s story to local businesses with the goal of having people pledge money to TCUW.
- Call the contact person and set up a time to make a presentation(s) – some businesses will just have you drop off the packet of pledge forms (although we prefer to make a presentation!)
- Make the presentation(s)
- Pick up the completed pledge forms, fill out a summary sheet, and return the forms to TCUW office
- Send a thank you card to the businesses
- ENTHUSIASM! We need enthusiastic supporters of TCUW to tell our story.
- Learn about TCUW and the impact it makes through its member agencies
- Commit to attend the meetings and spend the time needed (see “Time Commitment” below)
- Communicate! If you are having trouble, need advice or are having great success, let us know! We need regular feedback – our mission is too critical to let things fall through the cracks.
- Complete your tasks, as assigned, in the time allotted.
Total Time Commitment
- LE training day = 2 hours
- 2 hours per business – average of about 8 businesses hours spread out over 2 months=16
- 2 hours-follow up and communication back with TCUW office
That’s only 20 hours of your time spread over 3 – 4 months, to IMPACT this area!
What you will get
- Plenty of help and support from your TCUW staff, Campaign Chair, and other volunteers
- A campaign video which you can use to help tell our story
- All materials needed (like pledge forms, brochures, etc.)
- A list of businesses (plan on 5-10) that you will contact and present to
- Training on how to give a successful presentation
Thanks for your investments, participation and caring for this community.